I am thinking about my life in 2012.
Have you given any thought regarding the upcoming year? Have you thought about the kind of person you want to be?
A few suggestions:
- Live as one who is blessed by God with the abundant riches that have been given in Christ. In fact, he has lavished his spiritual blessings on you.
- Live out of your abundance in Jesus instead of your perception of scarcity. Such a perspective will lessen the temptation to think that “if only” something could happen your life would be grand.
- Cease any unnecessary hesitation or procrastination. Some things need to be done or said now.
- Make the most of what time you have on this earth. Make the most of your time when you are with people. Be with them.
- Be deliberate. No one can do everything. Be intentional about your time. Aimlessly killing two hours surfing the Internet means you are saying “no” to other things.
Consider what you might do if you had just one more year to live.
- I think I would express my love to my wife and children more often.
- I would say “no” to some things in my life that do not really contribute to who I am as a person but are taking away time.
- I would like to think that I would savor each day.
- I would deepen my prayer life along with the other spiritual disciplines as I get ready to be with the Lord.
- I would conserve my energy and passion for things that matter. Why get bent out of shape over things that really don’t matter?
- I wonder if my preaching/teaching would be different? Would knowing that the end is near impact these messages? Would I speak and live with more passion, boldness, and authenticity?
- I would like to think that I would communicate my love and affection for other family members and special friends.
- I would probably have an increasing clarity about what is really important in life.
Many of us tend to rock along as if we had all the time in the world to live. Maybe it’s time to give this some thought and prayer.
What is one intentional, decisive step that you plan to take in 2012?